Dr. Vishwanath Siddaligaiah is an experienced Anaesthetist with special interest in pain management. He is experienced in Acute pain, Chronic Pain and cancer pain management. Prior to his return to India he has worked as Consultant in Pain Management in a Tertiary care centre (Russell’s Hall Hospital) in the UK.
He is certified as an expert in Pain Management by Royal College of Anaesthetists in London and has been awarded FFPMRCA in 2011 (Fellow of the Faculty of Pain Medicine of the Royal College of Anaesthetists).He is expert in various interventions (X-ray guided) i.e. Facet joint injections, Medial branch blocks, Transforaminal epidurals, Dorsal root ganglion blocks, Nerve root blocks, Joint injections, Sympathetic blocks. He specialises in Ultrasound guided procedures, Radiofrequency & Pulsed Radiofrequency procedures, Neuromodulation (Spinal Cord Stimulation) and Intrathecal Pump Implantation..
He had the unique opportunity to train in Anaesthesia and Pain management in some of the best training centres in United Kingdom.
He graduated from Bangalore Medical College in 1995 and completed his post-graduation in 2001 (MD-Anaesthesia) from Ahmadabad. Following this he also acquired higher training in Anaesthesia and Pain Management. He has worked with world renowned experts acquiring immense knowledge. He was awarded fellowship in Anaesthesia- FRCA in 2007 (Royal College of Anaesthetists, London, UK) and FCARCSI in 2006 (Royal College of Anaesthetists, Dublin, Ireland). He also has Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCT) from GMC.
- Consultant in Pain Management – Derriford Hospital, Plymouth NHS Trust UK
- Consultant in Anaesthesia & Pain Management, Russell’s Hall Hospital The Dudley Group of Hospitals, UK
- Fellow in Advanced Pain Management – St Bartholomew’s Hospital, Bart’s and The London NHS Trust, London, UK
- Fellow in Advanced Pain Management – Whipp’s Cross University Hospital, London, UK
- Specialist Registrar in Anaesthesia, Pain Management and Critical Care – Guys & St Thomas NHS Trust & Kings College Hospital,
- London UK, University Hospital of Lewisham, Princes Royal University Hospital, Bromley, Kent & Sussex Hospital, Tunbridge Wells
- He has contributed significantly to this speciality by presenting his work at different conferences / workshops. He is also an author of a chapter in a text book “Symptom Oriented pain management”.
- He is enthusiastic and dedicated to establish this multidisciplinary pain management service